Monday, November 16, 2009

Hello Rick, Would You Like Some Humble Pie?

You Tell'm Gov. Perry !(Tell'm what?) is an example of everything that is wrong with what the republicans are doing right now. This blog was off of "a voice in the wilderness." But the link takes you to "the taxpayers voice." I was trying to find out what qualified this blog, and this Americans for prosperity org as "a voice in the wilderness," or"a taxpayer's voice" and I found this. Most of the staff and directors are business owners. CEO's who have a lot at stake if the government and economy are unfriendly to them. So with that established I do not feel like the have adequate expertise to address Gov. Perry's show-boaty response to the stimulus money. What the heck? It seem like grown people cheering for their Governor to be embarrassingly childish in his unreasoned response to stimulus funds. What I gather is Perry says Texas doesn't really need this money and we won't be using it to establish new programs or encourage dependence on programs that these funds go to. How about the statistics of our uninsured children? Or children in poverty? Research for our water problem(we d border the gulf what about desalination?)Or the fact that more people will be applying for these state services whet er they want to or not? That isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. The blog was baseless, no facts or resources that pointed to the logic in his approach. I may not want government all up in my business, but I also don't want the governor making me looking like a you know what and saying he represents all of us. What is he going to do with it instead should be the focus. How will his plan work? Does he have a plan? Is doing nothing really the answer? I can't find any substance in the rhetoric. This is the Governor. even if he said I don't want this money So I'm dispersing it in a payout equally to all the citizens of Texas. Now that would be an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment